Monday, January 11, 2010

Give Me Sanctuary From The Law


Since I first met Andrew (the other half of OnePercent) when we were 12, he was easily the person most into Iron Maiden I have ever met. He had the Iron Maiden symbol scratched into everything he owned. Shelves, lamps, his arm, painted on his parents garage wall. Later we realised it was actually the artist Derek Riggs (who did the Maiden artwork) signature. That didn't matter though.
He once made me a compilation tape that included Motorhead, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. First time I played it all the music came out backwards. Nearly shit my pants. After a day (every day) of riding BMX and drinking home-brew, many evenings were spent watching Iron Maiden videos. This video is a live version of Sanctuary from 1980 - fuck me they have got it going on in this clip. How can you go wrong with lyrics like this...

"Out of the winter Came a war horse of steel I've never killed a woman before But I know how it feels I know you'd have gone insane if you saw what I saw.
Now i've got to look for Sanctuary from the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!"

Features Paul "Barrow Boy" Di'Anno on vocals, Dennis Stratton on guitar and Clive Burr on drums pre Dickenson, Smith and McBrain.



Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment