Thursday, February 17, 2011

And then Bill Ward sent us a message!

As well as being a long time Hot Rodder, Bill was in The Human Instinct...


Hi Guys, happened to be browsing in a book shop in New Plymouth



recently and found your mag. First time I've seen it - - great mag.


Loved your story on VANDAL and Max Baker, I've been around a while and


know most of these guys. Loved your story on David Wirtinen, cos I


thought I knew most of the kiwis who have raced on the salt. Way back


in 79 Howard Smith, pictured in the mag with Max, built the front axle


of the little A roadster I took to the salt way back in then. We took


the Kiwi A Salt roadster, which I designed and built with a bit of


help from my friends, back for the 60th Speedweek, and finally came


home with a record.


Any chance of getting 1st and 2nd copies of your mag?


Cheers Bill Ward


aaron@onepercentmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment